[Olympus/Troy/Lydia] Best Minimal Loader (Ni Mini Player)

Everything you need to know to start playing like a pro! Game Guides, strategies, and more!

Moderators: damiancrr92, KittyCepheus, MikeyFrankie93, enki91

[Olympus/Troy/Lydia] Best Minimal Loader (Ni Mini Player)

Postby iceish » 12 Mar 2012, 00:08

I wasn't sure if i should post this in a different thread but here is another interview I have of one of the best ni mini players in sparta. Best part about him is that he is a minimal loader as well. Spartan player Arees is a few points away from getting his ar8 and I was interested to know why he chooses to stay in the level he is at, making it all the more difficult for him to thrive in the game given that he has not spent any money in months since he started playing. (Imagine having 150+ sp despite the exp storing limit per day at his current level). He is indeed a very hardworking and passionate player. I'm sure some of you would find his answers helpful as well as inspiring. Here is player Arees.. He is the Pride of Sparta. He is a level 89 player who can beat higher level players. He is proof that even lowbies can be quite powerful /f93 /f93

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What is your IGN, class, level, and faction?
- Arees. Level 89 Champ from Sparta

2. How long have you been playing GWO?
- I've been playing since mid Jan 2011. I saw the game on one of the ads in fb and decided to try it out

3. What do you like most about this game?
- Initially I was amazed that such a game existed on facebook. One good thing about this game is the afk system. No need to use bots or 3rd party programs to use it. One good thing is also the fact that the equipments don’t level down if you fail unlike most games.

4. How much have you spent in the game (in total)?
- I spent 5 USD to load up after my 2nd month of playing to buy mall items. Before that the only good items I had were the ones from bua red boxes. Heck I even hunted enhanced items in cursed zone and tried my luck in compounding. didnt know a damn thing about options and gear enhancements til after i loaded up

5. Despite the game system being more in favor of malling, how do you manage to keep up?
- a. Marathons ( didnt take this seriously until after my 5th month of play, i would just usually do it 2x perday unlike in the past 6 months when it has become part of my daily routine to complete 6rounds)
b. Bgold events
- free ones from gms
- lelantine ( kelsis pet)
- treasureland
- i occassionaly gamble with ladon and envoy when i have gold to spare
c. Elite hunts and 24/7 vending
I sell my loots in gold and study the current GW economy. When demand is high, prices are definitely to sky rocket

6. What tips can you give other players who don’t intend to spend any money playing?
Always do marathons if you want to build a strong character. You may fail with upgrades along the way but this shouldnt stop you.
When it comes to forging, try not to be compulsive and forge items immediately, try to atleast follow the forging tips posted in the forums.
Always go on elite hunting, this is your primary source of rare items and income. but be gracious to other players who have the first hit
Build up reputation and master ethics, this adds up 4-5k bgold every month
Always try your luck with lost books but be very careful with your experience
Participate in zeus gift events for Crystals and other rare goods
Gamble with ladon scrolls if you have some extra gold, you'll never know you might be the next lucky person to hit it big

7. Why did you choose to remain as a Ni Mini player?
It is easier not to level up so i don’t get to spend a lot on drills and stones. It gives me motivation to play GW and not level up. Leveling up for me is a career ender. I'd be thinking, “heck i leveled up already what now i can just leave it like this and still continue to level up without logging in.”

8. What advantages do you think ni mini players have in the game?
There's not that much. It takes hard work to be in nimini especially when you want to upgrade your gears. It also eats up a lot of time generating income to support your daily expenses. There are no instances other than BUA that we can get QPs and other rares to enhance our gears, the only options would be by chance from the pool and zeus events

9. How do you handle high level bullies?
So far there are 2 kinds of bullies i encountered in the game. World Boss pullers and Low Level Killers. For World Boss pullers, i just try not to get angry if they get the last hit, there's always the next boss in another 6 hrs. It’s just so pathetic to see them try to pull a boss with their Lvl 125 characters and fail. For Low Level killers, i just let them if they can kill me. if not, i just run away unless i can kill them. but eventually the bullies will get tired of bullying and eventually stop. The best thing to avoid bullies is to not become a bully.

ImageImage

Last edited by iceish on 12 Mar 2012, 03:05, edited 1 time in total.
"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid" - Kierkegaard

Like the GW Superfriends on Facebook :)
iceish
Poster

Karma on hand: 4.50
Bank: 6.50

Re: [Olympus/Troy/Lydia] Best Minimal Loader (Ni Mini Player

Postby hyukkielove » 12 Mar 2012, 00:26

nice interview. /f93

i liked this part "I sell my loots in gold and study the current GW economy. When demand is high, prices are definitely to sky rocket."
Kudos to Arees for using Economics in-game!
/f86 /f86 /f86
- - - - - - -
INACTIVE PLAYER/PILOT - UNTOUCHABLES <3
hyukkielove
Cool Poster

Karma on hand: 0.50

Postby MikeyFrankie93 » 12 Mar 2012, 04:07

super nice stat /yct05
GWO Global Moderator Team
Ask Questions Or Concerns Dont Be Afraid To PM
AkiHaru/AkiMao/AkiRieko
Server : Sarawak (MY)
MikeyFrankie93
Writer

Karma on hand: 404.00
Bank: 500.00

Postby damiancrr92 » 12 Mar 2012, 08:13

Either he is a vet player that started before '11 or he isnt non-malled(unless he cheated, that would make him non-malled). I know what it takes to get that far as a non-maller in ni mini since i have made several of them with the same stats as him. If he started in jan of '11 he wouldnt even know about ni mini. Which means he would have made a character before that and then remade for ni mini after he found out about it.
He also wouldnt know the little things that make it so you can progress that fast as a ni mini. As a vet player it would take me around 5-6 months to make a character like him in ni mini. As a starter player who didnt even do full marathons till 5 months in it would take much much longer.
damiancrr92
Excellent Writer

Karma on hand: 814.45
Bank: 510.00

Postby hyukkielove » 12 Mar 2012, 09:27

damiancrr92 wrote:Either he is a vet player that started before '11 or he isnt non-malled(unless he cheated, that would make him non-malled). I know what it takes to get that far as a non-maller in ni mini since i have made several of them with the same stats as him. If he started in jan of '11 he wouldnt even know about ni mini. Which means he would have made a character before that and then remade for ni mini after he found out about it.
He also wouldnt know the little things that make it so you can progress that fast as a ni mini. As a vet player it would take me around 5-6 months to make a character like him in ni mini. As a starter player who didnt even do full marathons till 5 months in it would take much much longer.

ahaha damiann, as i can see, he's somewhat like a vet player, since you always help him with that build here in the forums.
/f86 /f86 /f86
- - - - - - -
INACTIVE PLAYER/PILOT - UNTOUCHABLES <3
hyukkielove
Cool Poster

Karma on hand: 0.50

Postby Francis Gelera » 12 Mar 2012, 10:37

Hi Damian,

I've been around for quite some time. I started nimini sometime april-may 2k11 i was just WP3 AR5 then.
I could forge 1 g12 gear in a month considering if im lucky in lelantine and get tons of bgold in treasureland events. Not to mention the anniv envoys. As far as marathon goes. ive only missed maybe 2-5 days within the last 6 months. I have been exchanging bgold daily for i think 4 months now.. not really sure. My gold income per day is between 100-1000 depending on the items i vend.
I also haggle alot with sellers for eme pcs which explains my g12 gears.
I got struck by luck for my g6-g8 gears and tons of bad luck for my g9 gears (26 fails before completing the set )
eternal gears are forged on pool crystals only, epic gears were forged mostly from xtals from the WP and zeus events.. every week i get atleast 12-15 L2 xtals from zeus events. G10 and up gears are forged with 100% rate since its far more expensive to fail.

I've been doing this routine for so long already because i wanted to be the first nimini player to reach R8. At first it was just a dream.. but soon... soon enough.. that dream will be a reality... just 15k bgold shy for the next armor rank ;)

By the way thanks for the advice you guys gave me with my gear opts. it really helps. The only thing missing from my char would be the ultimate Rage Spear 4 and Spear Blast 4. I wish i could get hold of them soon. its been a year already and i still dont have those skills.

I would like to thank Iceish for having the initiative to interview me and show what i've accomplished, I would not have done this otherwise since im busy playing most of the time. Thank you also for your kind words and critcisms. I hope i can contribute something to the community even if it is the smallest possible way.

- Arees

/f51
Francis Gelera
Beginner

Karma on hand: 0.00

Postby damiancrr92 » 12 Mar 2012, 10:45

By vet player i mean he has been playing 2+ at least. Unless he is godlike lucky and got all qp3's and 4's from zues and wishingpool every week. He would have had to buy all those qp4's with gold, which would be pretty exspensive. He has 21 level5 attributes.
That means he used 13 minimum(most likely 16-18) qp3's and 21 qp4's. He obviously bought the qp3's(would have been bad for a non-maller to try to buy qp3's in gold) so thats 4.6 x 13 = 59.8k b-gold which is 83 days or almost 3months straight of racing. Now we could say he got 3 or 4 from zues but that only knocks off a couple of weeks. As for the qp4's they cost on average 4k(usually more) gold. So almost 82k gold average for all those qp4's. How many "newbie" player's can make 81k gold with that kind of ease, even if they are elite hunting. And thats just the quarts plates. Because of fails i cant calculate the cost of forges but getting 7 lvl4 emeralds is also VERY expensive for facebook severs were most wonderland teams actually needs them, and the supply of this is very limited so the deman is high. Then he would either have to chance all the grade 11's with lvl3 xtals which would be cheaper if he successed but i doudt he would come out possitive doing that. So that means he used x24 lvl4 xtals for g11 and x25 for g12. Thats 171 lvl4 xtals or 157320 b-gold which is 218 days JUST for g11 and g12's that he has, thats not including all the gems used to get there in the first place.

With just qp3's and the crystals needed to get 7 of his many forges we have already gone over a full year of racing. If we add in the b-gold from treasureland and maybe kelisie's then we knock off about a month. But if he only did x2 a day for 5months then it hops right back up and beyond. And thats all ASSUMING he raced every single day of the last year without fail.

Im not trying to be a downner but that guy is either a serious vet who knows exactly what he is doing(which means he is lying about the first 5months since a real vet wouldnt skip races) or he is a maller. There is no other way.
damiancrr92
Excellent Writer

Karma on hand: 814.45
Bank: 510.00

Postby Francis Gelera » 12 Mar 2012, 11:12

/yct72
I bought my QP3s from the bgold shop, about 5-6 of them came from zeus events . I must have spent about 1 1/2 months worth or marathons to get most attributes to level 4.
I got over 10 QP4s from pool the rest i just bought from players.
after completing my classic g9 set, i started saving up for L3 xtals for g10, the rest of the upgrades came from the WP and zeus events as well as other events from IGG.

before the server merge i was averaging 5 Lost books per day now its 2-3 books. My pet comes in handy and gives me L2 xtals from time to time as well as bgold. again before our server merge, i also but Simple travel packs @ 5g each considering it was really cheap then. i got at most 3k bgold from 500 plust travel packs + gems and xtals
for the past 3 months now ive been exchanging master ethics which i get from 1 character per day. Where there is bgold im sure to participate in it except for those in the forums events /f51

I do not get my bgold on races only, I try to maximize every forge as much as i can without compromising my current goal.
Francis Gelera
Beginner

Postby Francis Gelera » 12 Mar 2012, 11:14

correction damian its only 21 L4 xtals for G11 = 19kbgold and 23k for g12
Francis Gelera
Beginner

Postby iceish » 12 Mar 2012, 12:34

@damian, actually a lot of teams in our server do wonderland on a weekly basis now and most of them (our team included) choose to sell our eme pcs instead. one maller in our server even went from ar7 to ar8 to ar9 in a day cause of how easy it was. it's not as limited as you think (in our server at least). the rest of it he explained himself. since i've seen how this guy plays the game i can attest to him being a serious vet.(which is why i chose to interview him in the first place) judging from the fact that even the experts find it unbelievable how he's accomplished so much in a year's time i guess i chose well. XD he knows what he is doing as he is one of the few players i know with a polished game routine. even his vendors are richer than me lol. /yct62 i guess he learned a lot of stuff reading forums as well ;)
"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid" - Kierkegaard

Like the GW Superfriends on Facebook :)
iceish
Poster

Karma on hand: 4.50
Bank: 6.50

Next

Return to Experience Discussion